The Letting Centre's Letting Handbook contains everything you need to know about residential tenancies in one practical volume. The Handbook is fully indexed and packed with useful information and practical advice. It also gives a convenient and authoritative statement of the law as it applies to residential lettings in England and Wales.
The Handbook has been compiled with the assistance of our extensive library of statutes, regulations and other technical details that have been assembled through continual contact with letting agents and landlords trying to solve practical issues with sensible advice.
The Handbook will provide you with:
- Client confidence - expert knowledge at your fingertips will ensure that the advice you give to your clients is informed and reliable.
- Peace of mind - the Handbook is presented in loose-leaf format in order to facilitate updates. You can rest assured that any changes in legislation affecting property management will be forwarded to you via our optional update service.
The Handbook guides practitioners through the various practical and legal aspects of setting up tenancies, day-to-day management issues and the requirements for termination and gaining possession at the end of the tenancy. The Handbook also contains versions of the main statutory forms relating to assured and assured shorthold tenancies under the Housing Act 1988 and a sample assured shorthold tenancy agreement. Topics covered include:
- Basic principles in housing law
- Pre-tenancy issues and procedures
- Assured and assured shorthold tenancies
- Managing rent arrears
- Fitness and disrepair
- Terminating the tenancy
- Possession procedures
- Housing benefit
- Deposits, rent and rent increases
- Statutory extracts - Housing Act 1988, Landlord & Tenant Act 1985, Protection from Eviction Act 1977
More than 50 standard letters and forms are included to help ease administrative burden placed upon the busy property professional. A complete set of Letting Factsheets providing concise information on a wide range of legislation and other issues relating to residential letting and property management are also contained within the Handbook. These include:
- Fire and Furnishing Regulations
- Gas Safety Regulations
- General Product Safety Regulations
- The Housing Act 1996
- The Accommodation Agencies Act
- Disability Discrimination Regulations
- Electrical Safety Regulations 1994
- Legislation relating to Houses in Multiple Occupation
- Housing Benefit Regulations
- Statutory Notices and Forms
- Plugs and Sockets Regulations
Standard price: £ 125.00
Handbook Revision Service
The Letting Handbook is produced in a loose-leaf format in order to facilitate updates.
The Letting Centre aims to update this publication each year, producing updates as legislation and guidance changes.
If you would like to keep your Handbook totally up-to-date, we recommend that you subscribe to the Letting Centre's Handbook Update Service. The current cost of this service is:
- Standard Rate: £28 per annum*
To subscribe to the Handbook Update Service, please either contact the Letting Centre or complete the form in your Handbook and return it to the Letting Centre.
N.B. If you require an update service for your Letting Handbook, it is strongly recommended that you subscribe to the update service within 12 months of purchase. The Letting Centre cannot guarantee to provide updates for each of the earlier editions prior to this point.
*prices correct at time of publication, but subject to change thereafter.
Return to Products and Services main page.